Chicken with cranberry sauce and rosemary is a delicious dinner or holiday table idea. This recipe is quick and perfect for a Christmas Dinner Party. It’s as simple as combining a few ingredients and tossing it in the oven to bake. The cranberry and rosemary flavors pair together so well and make this a fun, festive holiday meal. Bonus points for this Cranberry Rosemary Chicken being healthy!
7 free-range chicken legs
50 ml honey or pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 bulb of garlic
60 ml oil
30 ml cranberry juice
1/3 teaspoon hot pepper powder
100 ml water or broth
salt and pepper
6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
5 slices of orange
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
2. Mix cranberry juice, oil, honey, balsamic vinegar and hot pepper powder together.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish. Rub the chicken all over the mashed garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Add cranberry sauce, orange slices and rosemary twigs on the top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 200ºC/390ºF. Pour in the splash of water/broth into the baking dish and transfer to the oven for another 30 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF.
6. Pick over the fresh rosemary twigs, and dish out.
Serve with potatoes, rice, pasta or fresh vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!
*Use a roasting dish with high sides or place a rimmed baking sheet underneath while in oven.