Cake recipe. When you want something delicious for your tea time, this cake with candied orange peel, raisins and nuts is the best decision. This cake can be served for 6 – 8 people.
3 free-range eggs
200g organic butter
180g brown cane sugar
200 g white flour (an additional handful of flour will be needed for rolling nuts, candies and raisins)
3 tablespoons oat milk
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
100 g candied orange peels
50 g raisins
60 g walnuts (use your favorite ones) vanilla sugar for decorating
1.Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
2. Add raisins and nuts in to separate bowls. Pour with boiling water and leave it.
3. Melt the butter and pour into a large bowl, add brown sugar, pinch of salt and stir until sugar melts in.
4. Beat three eggs in a separate bowl and beat well with an electric whisk.
5. Add the eggs mixture into the butter and sugar mass and beat well until smooth mass is obtained.
6. Add oat milk and mix again.
7. We buy grain from an organic farm that doesn’t use glyphosate. Every year we grind it in the mill, sift and prepare white flour for the whole season. Weigh 200 g of flour into a separate bowl, leaving one ladle for rolling candied orange peels, raisins and nuts. Add baking powder to the flour bowl and mix it.
8. Gradually add flour to the butter and egg batter. Stir until a smooth mass is obtained.
9. Pour raisins through a sieve and leave to drain. Add 1 tablespoon of flour in to a separate bowl and bring wet raisins, stirring, to cover them with a little flour.
10. Do the same with the nuts. Grind it with a knife a little and repeat the rolling process in the flour.
11. Roll the candied orange peel in flour.
12. Add raisins, nuts and candied orange peel in a dough bowl and mix everything well.
13. Add dough in to the cake tin and transfer to an oven for 50 min.
14. Remove from the oven when the top is nicely browned and allow to cool in the tin for 15 to 30 minutes.
15. Remove from the tin, and leave cake to dry for another half an hour.
16. Sprinkle with some powdered vanilla sugar on top of the cake.
This cake is so delicious, it usually melts very quickly and doesn’t stay for the next day. This cake can be baked with grated lemon peels, raisins or your favorite nuts. You can improvise and use dates, dried plums or cranberries. After adding cocoa powder, you will have a chocolate cake. If you use this dough for cupcakes, do not put it all the way to the top. Leave some space to rise. Bake for up to 30 minutes until cake’s top turns brown. Bon appetite!