We thought it would be fun to make organic homemade mask, scrub and tonic that can be used at any time of the year. They are all made from a few simple ingredients. Make sure all the products you use are organic. Surely you, wouldn’t want toxic pesticides on your face. Let’s get started!
STRAWBERRIES AND BROWN SUGAR SCRUB
Strawberries are an excellent source of fruit acids. They act as a natural skin cleanser and scrub, removing the scaly skin cell layer and promoting skin regeneration. Brown sugar enhances this process, oats and oils calm the skin and prevent it from drying out. Strawberries also contain vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9), and potassium.
1 big organic strawberry
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon organic oatmeal
¼ a teaspoon organic almond or apricot kernels, or sesame oil
- Grind brown sugar and oatmeal with a coffee grinder
- Mash strawberries with a fork and mix it with the ground flakes and sugar
- Add your selected oil and mix everything well
- Gently massage your face with this mass, then wash out with warm water
- Make a fresh scrub every time and use it right away. You can use it couple times a week.
Do not use on damaged or sensitive skin that has just been exposed to the sun. After the procedure, do not forget to moisturize your skin. Use your face cream or oils mixture. Enjoy!
REFRESHING STRAWBERRIES AND MINT HOMEMADE MASK
This summer-scented homemade mask will revitalize your skin and the senses. Fruit acids remove the scaly layer of cells, and the green clay contained in this homemade mask perfectly cleanses the pores.
HOMEMADE MASK INGREDIENTS
2 large organic strawberries
3 or 4 mint leaves
1 tablespoon green clay
½ teaspoon organic almond or apricot kernels, or sesame, or sunflower oil
- Mash strawberries with the fork;
- Add the oil, put in the mint leaves and smash well everything with an electric blender;
- Add green clay to the mass and mix it until you get a solid mass;
- Apply the mask on your face and hold it for 10-15 minutes. Avoid eyes and lips areas .
- Do not allow the mask to dry on the skin, slightly moisturize it, otherwise it may irritate the skin. Wash out with cool water.
- Moisturize your skin after the procedure with a face cream or oils mixture.
PORE-TIGHTENING AND FACE-REFRESHING ICE CUBES WITH PARSLEY AND LIME
Suits for all skin types.
handful of parsley
glass of water
- Pour all chopped parsley into boiling water and hold for 15 minutes
- Add squeezed lemon juice and mix it all well
- Wait until the tonic cools down
- Fill ice cube trays with the cooled tonic and freeze it
- When you want to refresh your skin, take one ice cube and massage your face with gentle movements.
COOLING CUCUMBERS AND MINT HOMEMADE MASK
After a hot summer day of sunbathing, a homemade cucumber and mint mask is a welcome escape. It will revitalize and firm tired and gray skin.
HOMEMADE MASK INGREDIENTS
1 small cucumber
5 or 6 mint leaves
2 tablespoons white clay
½ teaspoon of organic almond or apricot kernels, or sesame or sunflower oil
2 tablespoons water
1 drop of peppermint or mint essential oil (if you want a stronger cooling effect)
- Add cucumber, mint leaves and chop it with an electric blender
- Add clay and mix everything
- Add water
- Add peppermint or mint essential oil – if you want to enhance its cooling effect
- Apply mask on the face and hold for 10-15 minutes. Avoid the eyes and lips areas. Do not allow the mask to dry, keep it moisturized.
- Wash out with cool water.
Homemade mask must be used immediately. Suitable for all skin types. You can use it couple times a week. After the procedure moisturize your skin using a cream or oil mixture. Enjoy!
Keep in mind that some products can cause allergies. Therefore, make sure to test on a small area of skin before using such products to see if it will cause any side effects. If in doubt, test on the side of the neck before applying all over the face, since an allergic reaction is not cool thing.